Congressional Veteran Commendation
The Congressional Veteran Commendation (CVC) is a nominations-based program designed to recognize the wartime sacrifices and peacetime community involvement of veterans residing in Florida's 25th Congressional District.
The 2016 CVC honorees will be interviewed and their wartime recollections added to the Veterans History Project.
The deadline to nominate a veteran for the 2016 CVC is Friday, October 28, 2016. Please complete and submit the CVC nomination form available at the link below.
- Veteran must currently reside in the 25th Congressional District of Florida. Nominees residing outside the district will not be considered. You can verify this information by using the "Find Your Representative" service, which can be found here.
- Veteran was active duty in the United States Armed Forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Veteran retired from the United States Armed Forces or was honorably discharged.
- Veteran served in the military during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, and/or Operation New Dawn.
- Veteran has not previously received the Congressional Veteran Commendation.
To view the 2016 Congressional Veteran Commendation flyer, please click here.
To view the 2016 Congressional Veteran Commendation nomination form, please click here.
Note: The form is a fillable PDF file that may be completed in Adobe Acrobat Reader and printed out. Click the link to the form, right click, and select the "Save As" option to download and save the form in order to utilize the fillable PDF function.
For more information on the Veterans History Project sponsored by the Library of Congress, please click here.
2015 Congressional Veteran Commendation Recipients
Master Sergeant John A. Cornejo – United States Air Force, Hialeah Gardens, Florida
Commander Douglas J. Fitzgerald – United States Navy, Doral, Florida
Radioman 3rd Class Gilbert Antonio Irizarry – United States Navy, Hialeah, Florida
Captain Crisilda Irizarry-Anson – United States Army, Doral, Florida
Chief Petty Officer Matthew William Kindermann – United States Marine Corps/United States Navy, La Belle, Florida
2014 Congressional Veteran Commendation Recipients
Petty Officer Second Class Joseph Randolph Alcala – United States Navy, Miami
Major Randolph Boyd Cash – United States Army, Naples
Captain Robert Wayne Dorta – United States Army, Naples
Sergeant Gregory Moya – United States Marine Corps, Hialeah Gardens
Sergeant First Class Edward Wilhite – United States Army, Hialeah
2013 Congressional Veteran Commendation Recipients
First Sergeant Rodolfo J. Alvarez – United States Army, Hialeah
Command Sergeant Major Michael M. Balch – United States Army, Pembroke Pines
First Lieutenant James Jackson Hutson, MD – United States Navy, Hialeah
E-4 Senior Airman Carlos I. Martinez – United States Air Force, Miami Lakes