H.J. Res. 66 and H.R. 6684 Protect American Families, Their Jobs, and Their Wallets
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) released the following statement in response to the passage of H.J. Res. 66, The Permanent Tax Relief for Families and Small Businesses Act in the House.
“The Speaker’s alternative stops taxes from increasing for 99.81% of all taxpayers. In addition, it permanently extends:
- The marriage penalty and child tax cut relief;
- The estate and gift tax cut and exemptions;
- The section 179 expensing, defending small businesses by making it easier for them to invest in newer and more efficient technology, which promotes growth and job creation;
- The Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) patch, protecting more middle class families;
- A maximum taxable rate of 20% on capital gains, as well as dividends for earnings of up to $1 million.
“Additionally, the passage of H.R. 6684, the Spending Reduction Act, reduces the deficit by approximately $200 billion more than the original sequester, and eliminates a number of wasteful slush funds and reckless spending. The United States House of Representatives is committed to protecting American families, their jobs, and their wallets.”